Our Process - Share your story with us!
1. The process begins with reaching out to the survivors who are interested in sharing their stories with us. The interviewees can be from any community from Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh and Azad Kashmir (Pakistan occupied Kashmir). The interviewees are contacted via e-mail, phone call or an in-person meeting to schedule an interview with them.
2. The interviewer plans to meet the survivors, usually at their homes. The interview will be an incredibly fulfilling experience for both the participants. The interviewer learns a tremendous amount to improve their understanding of the culture and the society of Kashmir. Interviewees experience a deep sense of gratification at having the opportunity to share and immortalize their story.
3. Before the interview, the interviewer informs the participants about video documentation and seeks required permission to release snippets from the interview at different social media platforms. After the interview, the volunteer will take permission again to reaffirm the degree to which the interviewee wants to participate. Comfort of the Migrants is of utmost importance and will be prioritized.
4. The interviewer then begins the interview. The questions are already sent to the interviewee in advance, and they choose the sections they are comfortable in answering. The interviewer, keeping the choice in mind, proceeds. Later, the volunteer archives the objects carried and preserved by the interviewee from Kashmir. Objects help preserve the culture and narrate the story of Kashmir and Kashmiris!
5. After ensuring the interviewee is comfortable, the oral-history interview is archived through hard-disks and cloud storage. Snippets from the interview are released on social media and the website. The stories shall be made available for educational purposes on demand.
Apply to share your story!